Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ergon GA1 Product Review


The past few stages of the tour have been, well rather boring. However, things will change once the riders make their way to the mountain stages. So, for the sake of content here is a review of the Ergon GA1 mountain bike grips.

Background
Use: I have been using these grips for about four months. In that span I have logged at least a few hundred miles and done a handful of races. Before these I used the specialized Enduro Grips.

Price: $30

The Good:
  • The end caps are metal and hard plastic
  • Narrow profile, doesn't strain the hands during long rides
  • Easy to clean
  • Left and right specific fit
The Not So Good:
  • Bad for gloveless rides
  • The grip wore down within the first two month
Why are they bad for gloveless riders?
  • The grip wore quick so they get slick when sweaty
  • The extra cushion from the gloves is nice for longer rides
Conclusion:

I never wore gloves before I started using these grips. So it was a bit of a change, but a change for the good. The grip wearing was a bit annoying, but with decent gloves the grip isn't that important. The Ergon GA1's however, are great for long rides and are durable. I have fallen multiple times and the end caps are still going strong. I recommend these if you can find them for under $20, since $30 is a bit steep.

No comments:

Post a Comment