Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Tour is Here



The Tour de France is here for 2010. Yes, the Tour de France the biggest pro road cycling race in the world, and of course I have been watching every stage since I was a little munchkin. Many wonder what is so exciting about watching men ride on their pricey bikes in tight spandex.

For me it is just as entertaing as watching a football or basketball game. People don't see the large amount of strategy going on in one of the 20 stages (21 counting the prologue). There are attacks, counter attacks, and much more going on. Also, similiar to other sports; in cycling the team with the most organized and strongest riders wins.


Now for the team I would like to win the Tour. I want Team Radio Shack, or commonly known as Lance Armstrong's team. I have been raised rooting for whatever team he is on, so it is only natural that I am cheering on Radio Shack this year. Also, Levi Leipheimer, Santa Rosa's local cycling hero is on Team Radio Shack.

Most importantly, I do not want last years winner, Alberto Contador, to win. Many ask why I dislike him. The reason is he snubbed his team (which Lance and Levi rode for). Overall, it will be interesting watching this years tour with Team Radio Shack going against Alberto Contador and his newly built team Astana. Next time you watch cycling make sure to look out for the attacks and counter attacks, it may just make the sport a new level of exciting.

Photo Courtesy of Team Radio Shack

No comments:

Post a Comment